We ARE “Green!”
If you’re wondering just why goats are the environmentally healthy choice… Browsing by goats is an alternative method of weed and brush control without the drawbacks of mowing and herbicides.
● May contaminate ground water.
● May kill or disturb soil organisms.
● Do not allow seeding at same time.
● May damage desired vegetation.
● May have risk to pets and people.
● Uses heavy equipment that compacts soil.
● Creates air and noise pollution.
● Leaves stubble, does not eliminate plant.
If you have been doing brush control by hand weeding and manual labor alone, compare it to using goats.
● Disturbs the soil, bringing more weed ●seeds to the surface.
● Creates plant debris that goes to landfills.
● Is labor intensive.
● Works in limited size, highly manageable ●areas.
● Do not bring weed seeds to the surface.
● Goats eat plants, eliminating debris and ●recycling nutrient elements.
● Can be used in large areas where ●manpower is unavailable and costly.
● Work on very degraded land where human ●efforts would take years.
GOATS ARE NON-TOXIC:
● They maintain beneficial soil organisms.
● Are not a potential risk to ground water.
● Their hoof action also tramples plants and dried brush into smaller pieces, creating a natural ●mulch and adding organic matter to the soil. Plants will slowly decompose releasing nutrients ●into the soil.
● Goats can also work desired seeds into soil with their hooves.
GOATS ARE ABLE TO GO PLACES:
● In sensitive areas near waterways, rivers and lakes where chemicals are prohibited.
● On steep embankments difficult for people.
● In ditches, canals, through rocky and wooded areas where mowing or spraying is difficult or ●inadvisable.